Saturday, September 29, 2007

moving forward

okay, so my audition went great, but i haven't heard anything so it doesn't look like i'm a front-runner for this episode. but i walked out knowing i did the best i could (which is AWEsome) and that's all ya can do in this godforsaken business! so i'm moving forward and hoping they bring me in for something else. hey, maybe it'll a be a big fat guest star or a recurring next time and i'll book! maybe they are SAVING me for something bigger and better!
meanwhile i have started a new class with an interesting chap. it's just a 5-weeker and the set-up is a little odd because the experience level in the class rides from either end of the spectrum. there being only 10 of us, it makes for interesting work. the thing that really excites me about this is that the teacher, bruce ducat, has held many roles in this industry and not only does he know his stuff, he's the first to say "here's what to do. and anyone else will tell you a different way to do it. and so will the next guy." in terms of searching for a manager to supplement my less-than-illustrious theatrical agent situation.... i feel like i was lead to this class and this guy by a bit of synchronicity. we'll see what develops over the coming weeks. but i really like his vibe. a lot.
and just as importantly, i feel like he is someone who actually sees (or is starting to) my potential and commitment, who gets the idea that i am a great investment of time & energy because i am of the 1% who is going to make it in this career.
sounds like maybe i'm getting ahead of myself, but i don't think so. as always, i trust my gut. and my gut says that, whether it's a professional relationship that develops out of it or not, this class and the presence of this gentleman in my actor life are going to be very important to my near future!

No comments: