Wednesday, September 26, 2007

gotta love me some t.v. audition!

okay, it's 30 minutes before i need to leave for a pre-read for the new NBC series "Life" and i need to burn off some excess brain pattern. so here i am! i will, therefore, begin to tell my agent story.
(big inhale...)
many of you know that i have been a bit frustrated since signing with my theatrical agent. i had high hopes for our team, and it turned out that the auditions (including today's) i got after signing with her were all ones i got myself anyway~as usual. i tried meeting with her and asking what i could do to help her get me out there, beyond what i've been doing (which clearly works a little) and i got feedback that it was just getting started and that i should keep doing what i've been doing, but also just wait. now i've been told over and over~and even if i hadn't been told, my business acumen would not allow for this~that just because you get an agent doesn't mean you should sit back and wait for them to make your career happen. lots of stuff about this agent had made it difficult for me to have a relationship of any kind with her. when i went on vacation i came back vowing to move on. so started working on meetings.
this was a couple weeks ago.
2 nights ago, i was at a workshop, and my scene partner looked at my resume and said, "Oh, you're at *** too, huh? You know that ****** left, right?"
okay. WHAT? he's talking about *my* agent. my agent LEFT? and no one even NOTIFIED me? while it's not surprising that she wouldn't, the company itself MIGHT have sent out an email at least to let its clients know!
WOW.
so as i piece together more of the story from my gracious partner, i come to find out that he had the same stand-offish problem with this agent and i started to realize this departure might actually be the best thing that could have happened!
NOW i just have to get the new agent to find time (after taking over a huge roster, since 2 agents have left) to meet with me and see that i am worth some effort. the fact that i emailed him yesterday and got this audition later in the afternoon (thru a workshop) might be useful in keeping my name in his brain.
let's cross our fingers that my career just received a huge boon in the way of getting left. i'm thrilled! okay, time to put my face on. get back to you on my dish later!

No comments: